• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1008 wiper arms

jimmyjimwas

Hi has or can you replace the wiper arms with the hook style type arm?
Kinda sick of trying to find wipers with the little plastic adapter iinside.
The plastic adapter always comes loose over time on mine
Thanks

Barrman

I had the same problem with the plastic adapters bending or breaking. One day in heavy rain a few month ago the drivers side wiper just kept on going. It hit the door mirror as it flew away. Thankfully, the next town a few miles away had a NAPA. I went in asking for the cheapest thing they had that would fit. I got an all steel wiper for $6.00.

Much better than every type O'Reilly's and autozone carry. I have tried them all. With 3 square body trucks on the road every day. I was not happy with the bayonet style arm. Now that I found wipers that work and are cheap. I am switching my entire fleet over.

I know I didn't answer your question. However, if you live in a town with a NAPA, give their house brand a try. If they don't work for you. Try the 1989-91 square body arms. They have the side lug and integrated washer nozzle on them. There just not many of them sitting around though.

Barrman

Ok, I was out of town when I wrote the above post. I got home and looked at a '87, '89 and '90 Suburban in my yard. They do have the side lug wiper mounts. However, the arm itself is the same. They just have a plastic adaptor that houses the washer nozzle and a side lug mount. They are very stout, but still plastic.

Barrman

We wrote about this a month ago and the new LMC catalog shows up at my door a few days ago. Part number 36-4042 for $17.95 is their wiper arm with a nozzle and the side mount wiper arm.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks