• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 bumper decipher

Srt412s

I'm new to the site and have done a lot of lurking and searching. It's a wealth of info here. I picked up an 86, got everything working that is supposed to work and now I'm curious where this truck came from. I wet sanded down to the bumper markings and I'm hoping someone can help me out. I read through carnacs threads in hopes of figuring this out myself, but no luck.

Rear left of bumper appears to be 5062506, the first 6 might be an A, very hard to tell

Attachments

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
To me, it looks like part of the VIN like 5042586. Why not send the serial number to the 2017 VIN Info thread and see what comes of that? If it's in the system, it would be a lot more accurate and easier.

Srt412s

It was in the 239th engineer battalion in Conway, Arkansas. It was assigned to HHC. I'm going to research them more and see if I can hopefully come up with something.

cucvrus

And if that truck is like any truck that left my shop. The bolt on parts are not even the ones that were on the truck when it came here. As anyone knows that was at my shop I have a couple rooms full of reworked sheet metal (doors, fenders, gates) Bumpers, brush guards. I do NOT like sanding the bumpers so I change them out with refurbished ones. Then one day when I get bored I sand bumpers and brush guards hang them up seal them and store them for later use. The sheet metal I just repair damage sand and primer them for later use. Makes it quicker for turn around time. Lately I have been removing the sheet metal and tossing it to the scrap pile. My stock of sheet metal is low but steady. Bumpers are about the same. Small parts well that's just about the same on many GM vehicles of the same vintage. But good luck. I bought a few that had USMC doors and Army bumper numbers. ???? it happens they were direct from DRMO that way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks