• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 M1008 Axle Swap

gixxsta04

I know this has probably been asked before, but I did a search and I wasn't able to find the info I am looking for. I have an M1009 and an M1008. I would like to swap axles between the trucks and lift the M1009 in the process. What is required to do this? Do the perches/shock mounts need moved? What kind of lift kit will I need? I have a set of HMMWV wheels/tires that will be going on the M1009.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What terms did you search in which forums? I searched "Axle Swap" in the CUCV and CUCV mod forum and got over 100 threads.

richingalveston

check my post, i just did this on my 1009. move perches and shock mounts, u-bolt flip. hummer rims must be recentered or get spacers. I used ord 4 inch lift (rear shackle flip) with zero rates front and rear for 5 inch total lift. to do this lift you need the cross over steer also. with 37 inch good year mt tires you will have to trim front fenders also. With 5 inches of lift you need to do a fixed yoke rear output on transfer case also or get a high angle driveshaft. longer shocks and brake lines also needed.

pm me if you have specific questions. I used all ORD products but there are others out there that may be cheaper. total cost of lift and steer was around $2200

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks