• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 rear glass creep

Barrman

Colton and I took the M1009 camping with 4 other fellow members over the weekend. The truck did great with over 500 miles driven. We didn't want to mess with setting up a tent or dragging the 101 around. Instead, we just left the tail gate down and slept in the back with the rear seat folded up.

I noticed the rear window would start to creeep out of the tailgate. I would roll it all the way down and come back later to find it out about 1/2 inch again. I have never left the tail gate down this long before or payed attention before. I don't feel any slack in the crank when I go to move it back down like would be there if it was just floating free.

Then, driving home yesterday a rail road track got us bouncing pretty good and the window had come down about 2 inches. Never done that before either. That got me thinking the clutch inside the crank is going.

I haven't taken the crank apart before. Just read the TM and looked at the pictures about how to do it. I really don't care if it creeps. I am more worried about it being about to break and leave me with a stuck window. Anybody else had this happen to them?

Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks