• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009

marc1984

i have a m1009 and it will onley start on starting flude i turn the key on the whate lite comes on and 30 or so sec later it goes out i crank and will not start but it will start off starting flude

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
It's that time of the year for glow plug failures. Unless your vehicle was converted over, you will need to buy the special ones. I seem to recall the dealer I went through last time was in your general vicinity.

Suggest doing a search in the CUCV section on glowplugs and then a google for the dealer.

Beware of the ones on ebay. They either don't fit or they are cheapies. The ones NAPA will sell you are also incorrect even though they would fit a civi K5 blazer with 6.2 l diesel. The military ones are different electrical connectors. Of course you could change your connectors if you are capable of doing so. But all of this is spelled out in several threads in the CUCV section.

Also, crack starting with starting fluid is highly NOT recommended unless you want to be buying a new engine or rebuilding your current one.

mf5129

a military connector is narrower than a civilian model.if necessary take an old one with you.will save time.i take mine out and test them occasionally.use never seize compound on threads on installation.this is a problem on this engine.check them early in the fall.wouldnt hurt to have some spares.

Last edited:

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you check them, clean them all. Including the connectors that attach them to the wiring harness. You are talking a piece that has probably had oil leaked all over it for quite a few years.

After clean, then if you still have problems, you probably have air in your fuel. This happens BECAUSE THE FUEL FILTER BACKING PLATE LEAKS AIR.

You can replace it with a new one from ebay. Cost is like $75 including shipping.

It solved all sorts of issues I had. Hope that helps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks