• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1010 Seats in M1028?

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm considering changing the bench seat in my M1028 for a pair of bucket seats. I'm looking at high-back HMMWV seats, which really look comfortable, however I am not sure how they would bolt up in a CUCV truck.

Question - do the bucket seats in a M1010 bolt in the same way and with the same brackets as a M1009? Will the M1009 seats and brackets bolt in the trucks without much modification? Has anybody done this?

Thanks for your replies.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to try to help a little but not sure how much. The M1010 seats are different than the M1009 seats. Now this is just the seats themselves and just info to digest. The M1010 seat does not nor will it ever recline to get that optimum position depending on how your back feels for that day. The M1009 seat doesn't recline but by adding the hinge from a mid 80s seat (Monte Carlo type) it will recline. The M1010 trucks have an additional bracket welded to the floor for the slides to bolt to. These are also on Suburbans as they have a similar front floor. With all that said, I can't guarantee that the seats will interchange from the slides but.......and this is a big one, the M1010 seats are much closer to a civi blazer seat than the M1009 seats so they just may work. I can snap some pics of the M1010 but it would likely be Wed as I'm working till then.

Oh, the M1009 seat brackets will not work on the truck floor.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Recovry. Having digested your comments, I believe I will go with new HMMWV high back seats and fabricate the required brackets necessary for them to slide and recline. Here's the seats I am considering -

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might be stuck with some fab work either way so those might just be the ticket. Just the same, I will try to document seat mounting on the M1010 for future users and just because.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, I have purchased 2 new high-back HMMWV seats and plan to install them in my M1028. I will photo-document the entire process and update my rebuild thread in case anybody else wants to do the same.

Stay tuned.

Skinny

Looking forward to it!

I personally would chase after some Captain style buckets from a cushy conversion van. I love dual armrests. I just got an M1010 and would not consider them a far upgrade over the bench.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks