• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2 Dump

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thought I would share my Dump experince! Trailer worked great, hauled well over 20 loads this weekend, from my own gravel pit, down the hill to my twin natural ponds in the woods. Only bummer, was I took out the left hand side CAT light on the 1st dump. Realy impressed with the overkill and strength of the M101A2. Thanks to all the guys from SS that helped to get me this far. Next is to get it registerd and on the road.
Bob.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
it looks like you could replace those bolts with pins that could be taken out fast... i should do that to mine and make a yard toy out of it

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On My M101A2 the steel brake line was coiled up in about 4-small circles, right at the pivot point, no problems at all. And did i push a bunch of brake fluid through it too. I hauled the trailer loaded behind my Massey TO-30 going down a 20% grade for 500', tires were locking up going down. Yes remove the bolts and use Tractor supply 1/2" pins by 61/4". Do yourself a favor and weld or fasten blocks(stops) behind those brackets, w/o the bolts or pins in, when it comes back down it will go to far, I also reemed the holes out a bit as well.
Bob

Nick

On My M101A2 the steel brake line was coiled up in about 4-small circles, right at the pivot point, no problems at all. And did i push a bunch of brake fluid through it too. I hauled the trailer loaded behind my Massey TO-30 going down a 20% grade for 500', tires were locking up going down. Yes remove the bolts and use Tractor supply 1/2" pins by 61/4". Do yourself a favor and weld or fasten blocks(stops) behind those brackets, w/o the bolts or pins in, when it comes back down it will go to far, I also reemed the holes out a bit as well.
Bob

Good advice, never thought of installing blocks. Getting ready to get mine set up for dumping, thanks for the advice

Nick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks