• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 fire fighting truck

sowchinook1

I've got a M1028 firefighting placard on my truck and haven't been able to find an history or specs on it. Is it just a regular 1028 or is there something that makes it a fire fighting truck? In the specs resource here it says 1028's have lockers in the front and rear but a few other resources on the internet state that the dana 60 in m1028's is a limited slip. Haven't spun the front wheels so I don't know what I got.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

Elwenil

Looks like it's a USMC CUCV with a fire extinguisher mounted in the bed.

"C/O 1 TRUCK,CARGO 4X4,MODEL M1028 (CUCV) NSN 2320-01-127-5077,W/1 EXTINGUISHER FIRE NSN 4210-01-205-2246,MOUNTED IN BED. MODEL FOR TRUCK FIREIS M1028FF"

FrankUSMC

We had them in Crash Crew. They were also the last of the CUCVs that we had. The reasons we held on to them is at the time we had no replacement. This week end I will look to see if I have any manauls for it.
Sad part is, the fire fighting unit that went in the bed was always pulled off and sold by itself. I got one years ago for about $35!! I ended up giving it to a volenteer fire department to get it out of my back yard.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks