• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 Fresh Resto...!!

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the next resto project, the grey ghost will be picked up this weekend.

This owner want's the truck done by Aberdeen so I have about 5 weeks to to the job!!

Good thing is that this is a REAL nice truck (that I should have bought ) and will not need much. Herculiner in the cab floor, new dash pad, new weather-stripping, Herculiner the bed, new paint inside and 3 color NATO outside, and detail the truck. [thumbzup]

So the race is on enjoy!

David

Attachments

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M1028

Hey Bruce, yeah I am sorry that I didn't buy it last Aug. when you were selling...but I am happy for Dudley. It's everything you said it was.

Hey Mike, looks like I will be starting on Ramesh's M1009 soon...after these next 2 projects! :cookoo:

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Up-date

Had to fight the hail and rain but the sanding monkey did get started on the truck today, interior is sanded and POR 15 on what little surface rust there was on the floor. This truck has a MINT body hardly any dings or dents...I am amazed at the condition considering 95K miles. I should have the bodywork done and interior painted by next week. :driver:

David

Attachments

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Pay the kid time and a half and get it done. I cannot wait. This truck will see the parking lot at Raush Creek but never the trails. It may tow up a trailer and a CJ5....

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
m1028

Interior is painted! Now I will Herculiner the floor and detail the rest then install the trim and seat.

David

Attachments

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tip #1

I have found that when using the Herculiner it's best to sand and paint the floor that you want to cover with the Herculiner black first. The Herculiner is thick and chunky and has a hard time covering up over top another lighter color. Thus you can see "between" the chunks of rubber in the Herculiner. It's just makes a better looking job in the end.

That's why I painted the floor black first.

David

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Paint

No spray can. I use the Rapco paint and a HVLP gun. The overspray on the firewall will be taken care of and the floor is getting Herculiner.

David

Last edited:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I never tightened the passenger side mirror before selling the truck to Dudley. The mirror moves slightly when you shut the door. I would recommend tightening the mirror before you paint the outise of the door so you don't have to slide that black rubber grommet up the mirror arm to tighten it later (the black grommet will leave marks on the mirror arm). Looking great!

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Progress report

The floor is done. And I used the SEM dye "burgundy" color on the kick panels and door panels...this is a PERFECT match to the original interior color. I installed the kick panels, cleaned the gauge lenses, and did some detail work on the interior, now to paint the outside and Herculiner the bed.
David

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks