• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1028 fuel problem

Ronbo

Hey Guys , I posted yesterday but need more advise.. I see people post that they run/add an electric fuel pump. Can this be added prior to the mechanical ?
I have a Holley pump on the shelf , what pump pressure is best?
My truck was getting hard to start and finally quit. It was leaking around the 2 wire thing on top of the filter .( I crank the truck and then look at the top of the filter and she's leaking around the piece with the 2 wires .Is there an O-ring in there ? could that stop it from starting ? Does it just pull out?
heres a picture of the top of the filter , The cap over the 2 wires fell off when I loosened the bleeder. ( should I silicone it on?)

Attachments

idM1028

It's the fuel heater for the fuel filter assembly. And yes, there is an O-ring seal. As for getting it out (and I quote the almighty Haynes manual)

2. Remove the Model 80 filter base assembly.
3. Remove the vent plug from the filter base.
4. Grasp the heater with a pair of slip joint pliers twist it counterclockwise and pull straight up and out of the adapter.
8. Installation is the reverse of removal. Be sure to lubricate the O ring seal and position the flat opposite the vent plug hole by rotating the heater counterclockwise only.
Yes, I left out a few steps, but mostly they just deal with testing the heater.