• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1101 voltage

captcarc

Greetings.

I just bought a 2010 Schutt M1101 trailer with LED clearance lights and bulb taillights. Since the LED's will run on 12v, is there such a thing as 12v bulbs that fit in the trailer taillights?

Also, the GovPlanet guy (very helpful, nice guy) said he had a buyer pick up his trailer with a 24v to 12v converter complete with a round 12-pin to straight 4-pin connection. That would be slick! Where can I get one of those?

Thanks!

Gunzy

The bulbs can be replaced with 12v bulbs. Not sure of the conversion numbers, there is a chart out there I have seen before.

Shark Bait

Erik's surplus has the adapter cables from civilian 7 pin to the military connection. I've got one I use for recoveries and change the rear bulbs with LEDs. Once home I add in a civilian cable with end leaving the limitary cables as well as to pull with any of my vehicles.

Dave

Piper Cub

The bulbs to go to twelve volt should be 1156 (or 1157?). I use a flat four cable out of one of those $4 trailer wire kits and cut it about 6ft from the end and put female connectors from NAPA on there (sorry can't remember the part#, maybe someone else has it). Then you can just unplug the military pigtail under the trailer and plug in your civilian pigtail. It's a little more work to switch back and forth doing it this way, but it's so much cheaper than buying an adapter.