• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 recovery on Friday the 13th

Well i was sent out on a mission today to recover a wreck of wreckermans LOL... And i should of known better then to go out and recover a truck on friday the 13th let alone it be his truck. I get there and do the PM checks. add the fluids it needs and such. its bad enough the Radiator is empty on fluids. So i fill it up with fresh fluid along with everything else. check it all over, and move some trucks outta the way (it was in the back of 4 row deep pile of trucks). We get it all warmed up and i tell the GL guys ill see them at Ft campbell next week, and we head out. Well i get JUST off base and about 2 blocks down to fill the tank up that was empty. and i start to get a sweet smell. I get out and check the truck over again. Low and behold the radiator now has a big leak of Anti-freeze. The lower radiator hose has let go. Finally i admit that friday the 13th will not let me go and curse WM rofl. Thought it to be a good one and called him and told him to come get his POS its off base and is broke down. He DIDNT FIND THAT FUNNY. So i run accross town and get a new hose and 6 more gallons of fluid, and new batteries. We jumped it on base and figured it would get some charging time. BOY WAS I WRONG!! Got the new lower hose put on and filled up, put some air in tires, new batteries on and filled the tank about 3/4 to get it home. Rest was ok. But man was Murphy with me today. If i thought it was bad enough to be with WM to get a recovery. Its bad enough to even think about going and getting his stuff rofl

O yea go ahead and add the nopics nopics all you want. I will post pics of it tomorrow it was raining real bad most way home and at the shop when i dropped it off so ill get pics tomorrow. And was having bad day and didnt feel like pics. SO GO AHEAD AND LET ME HAVE IT :D

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
:nopics:

Friday the 13th........ACK!, I stayed home today and just looked at my trucks, wasn't going anywhere near them, let alone drive one....

:lol:

Alredneck

Banned
Should of took a gallon of holy water to dump in there that should of cured what ailed her. Couple silver bullets for the trip back just in case ya never know right? and a couple cloves of garlic to munch on so when you are picking up those hot hitchhikers they dont bleed you out!!! SInce you made it back though good recovery I guess the force was with you or Murphy finally got tired of getting wet and hid under a poncho, TILL NEXT TIME!!!!!!!!!! :driver: :cookoo: :grd:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks