• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 from Fort Knox

bmwbuz

Hello. I have absolutely enjoyed this site. The amount of information on here is amazing. Even more amazing is the amount of correct information. Up until now I have not felt the need to post anything because the search feature does work well and I really don’t want anyone telling me to try a search. ;)

On Monday, December 6th, I will be recovering a 1970 m35a2 from Fort Knox and driving back to Geneseo, IL, most likely stopping briefly in Decatur (dinner with my daughter at college). I will be bringing a pickup load of spare parts, tires and tools with that should be able to keep it going unless there is a catastrophic failure. What I am asking for is some contact information of anyone along the way that would have a place I could get it towed to if there is a trip ending failure. With any luck at all the trip will go well and this post will have been for nothing.

Thanks,
John

davidkroberts

the people who work the site are pretty helpful and the two guys working the GL lot were very nice but cant really help other than with helping load or jumping you off. You have to be off the lot by 3 oclock as they WILL lock you in....LOL.

Sorry but im in the other direction.... might want to carry some fuel filters, ask me how i know

bmwbuz

Just an update to let everyone who offered help, if needed, know that the trip went flawless. Thank you so much for the offers, it was comforting knowing that if there was a catastrophic failure someone could be there.
The truck started instantly with a jump. I added a little antifreeze, aired up the right front tire and drove it 500 miles home. It was also a pleasant surprise to find that the fuel gauge was not broken but the tank really was full.
Once again thank you and with any luck (and a blessing from my wife) I will find another deuce to bring home, I’ve been told they are social creatures and don’t like being alone.;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks