• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a2 fuel problems

calvnatter

i have a 68 kaiser m35a2 one day driving home from work i pushed in the clutch rolled about 200 feet then the motor quit nunning i hit the starter and not it dosnt want to fire up olny on starting fluid it will run. iv cheacked the pirmary fuel filter cetting fuel their the secondary fuel filters getting fuel its getting fuel to the injector pump. iv cracked all the injectors and and not getting fuel to them.

just wandering if any one has any problams like this that has happend before???

is there some thing wrong with the pump???

could it be an air lock some where ??? (if it can happen)

any help will be greatly needed

Heath_h49008

Total left field here... Did you check the engine shut-down? Check the manual and see if it looks like it has seated, and is attached internally as it should be. I forget what thread it was, but someone mentioned they had one with an issue.

Wish I could be more precise with the link...

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If it was running and then just stopped, my vote is the plunger in the hydraulic heads has seized. Have you drained your filters recently? maybe you got some water in the fuel.

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you hear the pump running with the power on?

If yes, then remove the primary fuel filter ( or you might be able to open the primary stop cock instead), turn on the power and see if it squirts fuel on the ground. If yes your pump is good.

If no pump noise with power on, check the fuse inside the box on top of the pump. Search this site for how to info.

Also if you can hear it running, but there is no fuel coming out the primary filter, remove the pump from the tank and check it. Mine lost the screen off of the bottom of the pump and the would only pump when the fuel level was above a certain point, but even then it didn't work well.aua

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He's getting fuel up to the injection pump so my guess is something in the IP, probably the head like mentioned before.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks