• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Oil pan replacement help

WildWiley

Hello all,
I am a recent veteran looking to buy a deuce and a half. I found one from a guy that lives close to me for about $2000. It is a M35a2 soft top. I went and looked at it and it seems to run fine. There are two problems that I am looking for help with. The oil pan was punctured by govliquidation before he bought it. \ They must have used forklifts to move them around and punctured it. He did a poor repair job and it still leaks a little. I was curious how hard these are to find or better yet where I could find one. The other problem is that the injector pump seem to be leaking a little somewhere. I am not sure where it is coming from but may be from one of the lines. Is this a good deal? Should I just stay away from this?
Thanks for the help:mrgreen:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
$2,000 sounds like a good price unless it's a complete junker. I don't know right off hand where to get a oil pan but they shouldn't be too hard to find.

Bill W

Oil pan was simple
I had to jack up the frame a few inches ( you can see jack/pipe under front bumper ) and pan came right out, now scraping off the old gasket from the block was a big P.I.A. Got my pan gasket from Memphis ( $24.00 delivered)

Attachments

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello all,
I am a recent veteran looking to buy a deuce and a half. I found one from a guy that lives close to me for about $2000. It is a M35a2 soft top. I went and looked at it and it seems to run fine. There are two problems that I am looking for help with. The oil pan was punctured by govliquidation before he bought it. \ They must have used forklifts to move them around and punctured it. He did a poor repair job and it still leaks a little. I was curious how hard these are to find or better yet where I could find one. The other problem is that the injector pump seem to be leaking a little somewhere. I am not sure where it is coming from but may be from one of the lines. Is this a good deal? Should I just stay away from this?
Thanks for the help:mrgreen:
Do you have any pictures of this deuce? If my memory serves me right one deuce from Forest Park about a month ago stands out with this issue. Just trying to give you all the info possible is all.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks