• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Pipe truck, what's it worth??

wsucougarx

Hey guys. I am in the hunt for a winch for my deuce. I asked this guy if he'd be willing to part with his winch. He said I could have the winch and the entire truck for $2500. Uh, I said looking at the photos. The brakes don't work but is apparently runs but obviously needs some serious work. Is this deuce configuration rare enough to do anything with. It has a hardtop and winch among other things. Please advise

If I do buy this truck I plan on taking the winch only. What could a guy sell this truck for in this same state providing the engine runs and the truck drives?

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: M35A2 Pipe truck, what

Pretty rare and desirable deuce. Would love to see or know the numbers on the data plate and frame. I had one but the frame was so crusty I had to scrap it. The pipeline equipment lives on via many trucks.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!

I know Chris(steelsoldiers himself) is looking for parts for his (or his dad's) pipe truck too.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Yeah - I agree - Buy it! There is all kinds of plunder on that truck. The front winch is just desert.

Lee in Alaska

dm22630

BUY IT!

If you change your mind later....sell it, part it out or scrap it. I dont see how you can lose $ as long as you can tow it home.

Here is what I screwed up on early this year & am just now beginning to forgive myself.

M35A2 W/W, hard top, POWER STEERING, starts & runs, 5 MILES FROM MY HOUSE, $1500! I waited on him to find the title before I bought it, and SURPRISE, he sold it for $2500 to someone who didnt want the title! aua

Here are some pics....

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
DM, all of those trucks you have listed don't have a title? I guess you couldn't unscrew the data plate and move it to another truck huh? Yes, I know some will say thats not legal, but neither is some of the speeds I drive, or cigarettes I have smoked. (in the past that is) :)

dm22630

gimpyrobb said:
DM, all of those trucks you have listed don't have a title? I guess you couldn't unscrew the data plate and move it to another truck huh? Yes, I know some will say thats not legal, but neither is some of the speeds I drive, or cigarettes I have smoked. (in the past that is) :)

Hmmm......titles mean taxes...... ;)

I will get titles for the ones I keep.....but my list will be a rotating one (of current & formerly owned trucks) within the next couple months....

And.....in VA, you can do a LOT with "farm use". I just add them on my auto policy as "farm use" & the cops cant do anything (per a VA state trooper sergeant).

I wasnt sure how many vehicles I am technically allowed to buy/sell without a dealers license, so why put them in my name! If someone wants a title, ITS can get them one for $200 & my name never shows up anywhere! :mrgreen:

54reo

dm22630 said:
I will get titles for the ones I keep.....but my list will be a rotating one (of current & formerly owned trucks) within the next couple months....
If you ever want to sell the M872, let me know..

dm22630

54reo said:
If you ever want to sell the M872, let me know..
I hope I like it! :? If I had not of inspected it in person....and crawled all underneath of it.....I seriously doubt I would have bought it. GL has JUUUUUNK 50% of the time...and its not worth the risk in my opinion to buy anything that is going for more than scrap value.

I plan on keeping....

M35A2 W/OW, power steering
M35A2 W/OW, multifuel heater, whistler turbo
M1009
M109A3
M818
M872 trailer
M332 trailer
M105A2 trailer

So....12 deuces, M818, & a M1009 will be gone to make room for new stuff shortly....

kurtkds

So are you going to buy it or what?? I see you found that one too...

I was looking at a couple of ones for sale by my house. I saw an older one that looks similar to that but looks to be mid 50's I'm gonna go by and get some pics of it soon. I also notice that the owner had what looked like at lease 7 more Deuces on the property.

BTW I believe that the owner dropped his price from $3000 on that pole truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks