• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Speedometer

bigguy6100

I have a 1970 Kaiser that I've had for a couple years. The whole time, except for one day of perfect operation, I havent had a working speedometer. It does nothing. I know the head and cable are fine, i removed the cable from the adapter at the transfer case and it operated as it should. I made sure to grease the adapter at its grease fitting, but to no avail. My quick question is, aside from the head and cable, what is the more common problem, a faulty adapter at the transfer case, or something internal to the transfer case. The speedometer isnt something essential to me, I know by RPM what my groundspeed is, it just erks me that I have a gauge that doesnt work. I'm not looking to spend a huge amount of money to tell me how fast im going (i.e. taking the xfer case apart), which is why I was wondering is it more common for the adapter or something internal to fail. Thanks for the help
Greyson

bigguy6100

The cable looks like a pain in the butt to re route back up thru the floor to the gauge cluster. When I tested my cable and speedo head it didnt wobble and worked smoothly, so hopefully I'll get lucky and itll just be the adapter.