• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a3 truck, wheel covers??

maplehillfrm

since someone said the m35a3 came with an auto matic trans, i have been looking at some pics, that is some cool looking truck, I like the single wheels in the rear,, as I would never load it as heavy as it is made for anyway,, plus I would think the singles would be a lot better in the mud and snow,,

but I see that on the rim they all, [or most] have a triangle cover on a 1/4 of the rim?? it looks like it may be to protect the valve stem,, but why only on that model, I dont think I see them on any others, pat

nattieleather

Just in case you don't know what the abrevation is...CTIS= Central Tire Inflation System. You can raise and lower the tire pressure with out leaving the cab of the truck. The little triangle cover protects the air line to the valve stem.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi Pat! They are cool trucks and the singles work well off road. Please note that the top speed seems to be around 50 MPH. I'm sure some of the A3 owners will chime in here.

CTIS on the M35A3 seems to be a crap shoot. There's 1 or 2 members on here that have a M35A3 with functional CTIS. From what I have read, a lot of them didn't work long after they were delivered. Some didn't work at the time of delivery.

The M939A2 CTIS is a PITA too, but it seems to be a little more reliable than the M35A3.

nattieleather

There was a work order put out to disable the CTIS and isntall a regular valve stem and run the tire at a regular tire pressure. I think it was applied to other trucks like the HEMMIT and a few others that had the CTIS on them.

FreightTrain

Banned
Actually,and A3 will do 60MPH plus.I see them every so often in convoys from the local nasty guard unit on my way to work.I pace them every some times.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You may be able to run one up to 60, but according to members who have driven them first hand, you wouldn't do it if you owned it.

Lex_Ordo

I don't have the CTIS on my M35A2, but the unit that my truck came from did reverse the Hubs and install 11.00R20 Firestone M&S tires as singles on it.

I do like the big heavy lugged tread the tires show, and the singles at least for me, make driving around town a lot more pleasant. The rears still fight a bit on turns, but from what I've been told by those with duals, the singles make it like night and day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks