• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M5 bomb trailer

dinosaur

I have a WWII M5 bomb trailer that I will be posting for sale in the classified section, but my question is since I've haven't seen too many of these even at some shows, are these that rare or in to bad of shape to take to a show?
Mine isn't pretty, but it does roll down the street pretty good behind my '75 Dodge W200 (civy m880) with a 2750lb tractor on the back.

FrankUSMC

I had one about 2 years ago that was just surplused out. It had been used sence WWII as a warehouse trailer, so it was very complete and had no rust or rot. It even had the cart in the tool box on the front and it had the correct size tires. I sold it to a guy in Ohio (I think) who had a restored Chevy bomb truck.
I have been very lucky here in finding WWII Navy Mark II bomb trailers. I have 3 here now. The funny part is on MCAS Cherry Point there is around 20 plus of the Navy WWII bomb trailers still being used. In the area I work at there are about 20 I see every day.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

FrankUSMC

Sorry, I am tired, and should not be on the computer. My statment above should say " It even had the CHART in the tool box" not cart.
One more item, at the same sell I got a very nice WWII airdrone trailer that I still have here.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks