• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m813 10 mile tow in Maryland Have tow bar

NightOwl

My m813 probably has a clutch problem. It broke down in Eldersburg, Maryland. aua

I just need it towed 10 miles to West Friendship, Maryland. I have a military tow bar, so I just need a pull. I have a chain for a safety strap with the tow bar.

I can get the truck moving in 1st gear, but I can not get it to shift into any other gears unless the truck is turned off and not moving.

I'm trying to avoid the $400 tow from a tow company. I could buy you lunch or give you a few buck for fuel and time. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
If you can find someone close with a civilian dump truck with a pintle hitch it would work.I am too far away..good luck

91W350

Any good sized truck can pull it, your engine runs and the brakes work, just like any other vehicle on a chain. In these kinds of conditions, I could pull that with my pickup, only because it has its own brakes. I am talking two drivers of course. Glen

ODdave

if you are only going 10 miles, get another driver and use the dodge in your sig. assuming its a diesel, it should be fine as long as you go slow. Have the other driver in the 5-ton with the engine running so the brakes are still functional.

NightOwl

I just got off the phone with 3rdmdqm (Dan). He is just down the street from me and he might be able to help. He is making some calls. I'll post something either way.

I'm hoping there's just an air valve stuck or something simple and not the clutch... I'm a dreamer.

NightOwl

Just got my m813 back home safe and sound thanks to m816someday and 3rdmdqm and Steel Soldiers. [thumbzup]
A million thanks to Robert!! :!: Having just replaced his own radiator hose, he drove over and adjusted my clutch in the mall parking lot as much as you can adjust a blown clutch. Then, he basically drove my truck with no clutch and got it home somehow. A very impressive bit of driving. I owe him big time.

Thanks to all those who also offered help like R Racing and armadillofz1.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Glad you made it home and thanks to the good Samaritans of SS. :beer: