• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813 Steering issues

kstate90

I have been working on a M813 super single 5ton that we are converting into a fire truck. I have been starting the truck and moving it into my shop so I can work on it each night. I noticed oil coming out of the vent on the power steering pump. I asked on here and was told a couple of things to look at. Last night I finished getting the truck ready. I decided to take it to the fire station today so we could start transferring the equipment. When I started to town this morning I noticed that it was pretty hard steering. I figured it was low on oil. When I turned on the blacktop. The truck went to the left and then the right before I could bring it back to the center. I got it to town and had the mechanic look at it. The steering sector is shot and needs replaced. Would a bad steering sector cause the power steering pump issue I have been having or is it just coincidence. Thinking maybe the relief is sticking on the pump but wasn't sure if there was something on the steering sector that would cause the high pressure in the pump reservoir. Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks