• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m923a2 differential question

BonesM923

Hey guys, I have been looking around but have not found what I am looking for. The other day I pulled my diff. fill plug to check oil level in diff. and when I was unscrewing it I noticed it had a little pressure; not a drastic amount, I just heard it venting a little as I unscrewed the plug.
Is this normal or do I have a vent stopped up? Also the truck has been sitting for 3 or 4 days not driven and still had a little pressure. Thanks for any info.

Last edited by a moderator:

MtnSnow

Pretty normal to have a couple of psi buildup. You can also check to make sure that the vents on the axel/diff is not plugged shut. If you are worried about it being excessive pressure you can install a hose barb fitting in place of the oem vent and run hoses from the barb fitting up to a nice dry high place I personally would suggest putting a small filter or such on the end of the hose to keep little creepy crawlies from plugging up the hose over time..

Last edited:

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The vents have a spring loaded check valve in them. The pressure builds until it unseats the valve against the spring pressure. It is designed in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks