• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M927, question about PTO and knuckle boom.

Itwasntme78

My boss has a M927, (I believe it's a 1981 model), has automatic Allison transmission that he's wanting to put a PTO and knuckle boom on for use as a log truck. Has anyone else done this or can anyone help with info for getting correct PTO for a knuckle boom on this truck. I was told the PTO needed to be 80-90% for a knuckle boom, (not sure how experienced they were) but the PTO I've found for this transmission is said to be 110%? Any help to steer me in right direction is appreciated, please?

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I have a complete wetline set up from a m925.I dont know if it will work for your application.Its for sale for $800.

Itwasntme78

Yes, I checked with allison dealer and they directed me to a PTO dealer and supposed to call me back tomorrow, considering the truck is about 34 years old they didn't have it in their system. Jcappelljr, I'm not sure it would work either, according to PTO dealer there's a lot of factors to consider (air, hydraulic, or mechanical driven) I know this one would connect to knuckle boom through a driveline, and the PTO would need to run at 80-90% for this particular knuckle boom. So it looks like it's going to be a big hassle, was hoping someone was more familiar with it, so turned to you guys/gals. Thanks for the help so far.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know why the wet line kit John speaks of wouldn't work.

Most knuckle boom setups don't have a driveline that goes from the PTO directly to the knuckle boom. Usually the PTO drives a hyd pump and the pump is plumbed into the knuckle boom.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks