• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M932 Bob and Dump questions

kfrosty

Finally found a 932A2. Trying to figure out exactly what I want to do with it. Pretty sure I'm going to bob it and eventually put 53" tires on it.

Right now I'm leaning toward getting a bed cut down to 10 or 12' with drop sides. I really want to put a dump on it and a trailer hitch.

Panning on having some fun but also I haul around a bobcat and mini excavator on a trailer. Sometimes I need to haul off debris such as brush, dirt/top soil, rock etc.

With the dump I'm back and forth on bobbing or keeping it 3 axle because of DOT axle allowances. (20k per axle in NC)

I'm thinking with a shortened 923 bed, it's not going to haul more than 10 ton, if that.

So with that, has anybody put a hydraulic dump on a 10 or 12' bed on these? If so were you able to tie into the winch hydraulic pump? (Not sure of the pressure.)
Where did you get the hoist kit and some idea of cost if you don't mind sharing?

Any thoughts pro's or cons regarding going to 2 axles or leaving it at 3?

Any other thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I just bobbed a m932 and put a m929 dump bed on it.I have a wet line kit for sale if you need one.Feel free to call me ,john 410-808-5227

JohnnyBM931A2

Well.. I personally would never bob one of these trucks. They were designed with 3 axles, and I think they look best with all 3. That being said, it's your truck, and you can do what you want with it. But you did bring up some good points that should keep you from bobbing it anyways.. Lower legal weight capacity if you go to 2 axles, and less capacity to haul stuff around with a shorter bed. If it was just for occasional personal use, then bobbing it wouldn't be an issue for you. But it sounds like you plan on doing day to day work with the truck, so I would stick with 3 axles. My .02.

kfrosty

JC,

Have you weighed your truck since bobbing it and adding the dump related parts?

Johnny, I don't know how much I'll end up driving it. I do light grading on the side but not day to day.

I'm trying to figure out how to build it for work when I need it and fun occasionally. Just don't know which I'll do more of. Just driving around, I think I'd want the bob. Less weight, only 4 tires. The other thing is interstates around here you are restricted to certain lanes with 3 or more axles which is another negative not bobbing.

I'm thinking with a 2.5 ton bed or something along those lines, you're not going to be able to haul that much weight anyway. 2 axles if the truck weighs 14,000 and say you have 7k on the rear axle, you could load 13,000 on a single rear axle. I'm wondering if you would want to put anymore of that on a bed anyway.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks