• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m939 Battery Relocation Kit

wsucougarx

Hey guys this question has been churning in my head for a few months now. I bought a M939 Battery Relocation Kit for my M109A3 project. I'm going to mount it in the van for my battery bank. Anyways, I have never seen this particular kit on a 900 series 5 ton. Does anyone have a pic of where it actually goes in it's correct application? More of a curiosity more than anything else.
Here's what I'm talking about. Found it in the classifieds

Attachments

wsucougarx

It took a couple years. My persistence got turned up after I brought the 109 home. I gave him an offer that he finally didn't refuse -or- he just got tired of me asking about it;-)

Derrickl112

Go to google and type in "armored m923" and look at the first picture(well it was pic #1 for me) since the batteries are under the passengers side bench seat, they had to find a new place to put them when they put the armored cabs on. So that battery box replaces the tool box under the passengers side door. Its also a step so you can climb into the truck.

jwaller

ya, I've personally seen it on a few 5t trucks. pretty neat but you lose the tool box on the side of the truck which is why I haven't done it to mine and it seems to make it even harder to climb in the pax side as well.

Stalwart

I have one too to hold 2- 8D batteries for the HEMTT. I'm going to use them to power an inverter during displays such as Arlington Airshow. I also got a small enclosed military Diesel 28V generator to top up the batteries when noise isn't such an issue. During the evenings I can have some quiet power in our camp, and when the aircraft are flying, charge the batteries when needed. :cookoo: :roll: :cookoo:

Hoefler

Picture of my 5-ton with new paint, outside battery box and a new pair of shoes on the front. Still need to install shoes on hind legs but wanted to show how stout this combination looks. Go big or stay at home and watch Opra and eat tea and crumpets while studying sensitivity manual. No hijack intended but wished to show my M36A3/Craig camper project. Will start a new post when I get her started beyond simply putting the shelter in the back of the truck.
Pete

Attachments

Hoefler

I went to rap o site and bought a 12pack of rattle cans
Four each of383 green, 383 brown and flat black
Did both trucks with this paint
About 65 bucks per 12
Goes on easy

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice looking install Hoefler. All my MV interiors are cigar smoking areas.

Soldier B is really looking forward to the batteries being moved out and making room for her new Bostrum air ride seats.

Hoefler

Heavy sand on any rust. The POR 15 over the bare metal (this will seal the area from O2). Then DA with 100 grit-then POR 15 Marine clean, then a good rinse. Once dry-she it ready for paint!
Remember-this isnt a show car-take care of the big blemishes. I let the little dents go. I hate rust-surface rust will turn into a hole if you dont correct it.
On the POR 15-I get the small cans-they come in a six pack. Once you open a can, you should use the entire contents. This paint is very very durable and is used on saltwater hulls! For less than a hundred dollars you can get a decent facelift with a little elbow grease.
Pete
Pete

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks