• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939 power steering fittings

MiniCritters

The hardline from the power steering to the right actuator were it meets at the frame rail blew off. I am looking for a source for the flared compression fittings for a M925. Also what type of fluid is preferred for the power steering. The lubrication manual calls for OE/HDO 10? Is it the same as MIL-H-5606?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as without power steering it is a little hard to handle.

Robert

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I run Dextron Please post of a picture of what you are talking about?

Most of the fittings on a truck are # 4s or # 6s as far as steering goes. The cylinder on the passengers side of the truck has 1/4" pipe fittings into the cylinder and change to #4 fittings. If its going thru the frame rail I normally eliminate that and make it one long hose all the way across limiting the vibration and flex on fixed fittings. I have a friend in Corvallis that is slightly military truck savy if you need me to send him over to you. My cell is in my signature.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks