• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

maintance start of ldt endgine

orrisd4

Finishing up a frame off restoration of my deuce , looking for advice on rigging up a sort of half-a**ed wiring harness to start the old girl so as to check for leaks before putting the body on.
need to hook up the lifter pump and start er up , rigging up the lifter pump is easy enough. But the massive draw of the starter is giving me pause on how to turn the starter over.
When i cut the old rotten harness off i didn't look at the solenoid first. Can anyone give me a bit of advice on rigging this up?

rickdavis81

Finishing up a frame off restoration of my deuce , looking for advice on rigging up a sort of half-a**ed wiring harness to start the old girl so as to check for leaks before putting the body on.
need to hook up the lifter pump and start er up , rigging up the lifter pump is easy enough. But the massive draw of the starter is giving me pause on how to turn the starter over.
When i cut the old rotten harness off i didn't look at the solenoid first. Can anyone give me a bit of advice on rigging this up?
Hook your batteries up in series to get your 24vdc. Run a jumper pigtail to your lift pump. Hook your negative to the starter negative lug, then it looks like you can either hook the positive lead to terminal 2 of the starter solenoid and jump the solenoid or finish wiring the solenoid and use a push button momentary switch to activate the solenoid.

Attachments