• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Man what a difference!!

unaffiliated

I was at a buddy of mine's house last night helping him replace the oil sub pan on his Mercedes. He had just changed the oil 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately he bottomed out pulling into his local watering hole due to some ongoing construction. Anyway, he had over a gallon of fairly clean Waste Motor Oil. I figured what the hey, I'll just pour it in my fuel tank. Man what a difference it made. I had about 3/4 tank of diesel when I poured it in. My truck has always been sort of rattly like a gas car that is pinging. It has also always had sort of a rough idle. I drove home about 75 miles and WOW. The truck runs much better and the rattling is almost gone, it even idles smoother. I have about 30 gallons of waste oil saved up. I guess I need to work on my filter set up so I can start running it in the tank. Just thought I would share this. I know people say to put oil in the tank to help since they removed all the good stuff from the fuel, but I didn't realize it would make such a difference

Anubis8472

Indeed!

When I got mine I was amazed at how loud it was. One of my co-workers suggested that I must have an exhaust leak .... nope, that's all engine noise.
After running one tank of straight diesel through the next fillup I dumped 16oz of 2-cycle in (after researching many different additives online). Once that oil treated fuel made it's way through the system it was like a switch had been thrown.
In all my years this was the first time I have ever heard an engine exclaim "OMG! I LOVE THIS STUFF!"

Since then I've tried a couple different additives, but nothing makes the sort of difference that the 2-cycle oil does.
Now that it's winter I'm putting in 12oz of opti-lube (it's got cetane improver, anti-gel etc.) but every tank gets a 16oz bottle of 2-cycle, the super tech TC-W3 from wally world variety.

On straight diesel she sounds like a 25 year old diesel refusing to give up.
With the oil she sounds like a new engine just purring effortlessly through life.

O.D. Fever

If you run straight oil in the summer all the clicking noise goes away. How will you know if somthing is not right?:D Sorry I thought we were talking about a duece.. Don't use straight oil...

Last edited:

Vet89

I put a little can of 2-stroke oil in with every re-fuel. I had heard of one chap that threw in expired canola oil or something with the gas and it ran like a champ also. No promises on how that will work though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks