• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-003a oil pressure sensor Specs

Rocketman007

The oil pressure sensor on my MEP-003a has developed an oil leak.
Need to get a replacement sensor.
I can buy one online but need to know the specs of the sensor to make sure I get the correct one.
Wonder if auto parts stores would carry such?

Thanks

Jeff

rickf

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He is probably looking for the pressure open/close rating. But the price on that one you show is very reasonable. I will probably get one for myself.

Scoobyshep

Appreciate the information...
The sensor from Iron Wing looks like it will do the job... Price is reasonable also... so I ordered one.. shipping cost was the same price as the sensor, but that is what it is...To buy one locally at an auto parts store probably would be the same...
Modern problems of shipping. If you dont have it the 24p manual has all the part numbers you could need.

rickf

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Modern problems of shipping. If you dont have it the 24p manual has all the part numbers you could need.
Where do you go to find the part by NSN? I have used a couple of the big time NSN suppliers but navigation their site is a chore and while it does give the specs for the parts they do not sell parts. They show the vendors that the military used but that is no help to someone that needs one piece.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As previously posted all the part numbers for the set are listed in the -24 TM.
In the TM you can locate the OP switch and its "find number " 15 in the image below.
Scroll down and locate find number 15 in the parts list.
There is a typo in the TM. It should say 15, not 5 in the second column. The NSN is listed 5930-01-039-3140
1727456853222.png
1727456525389.png

If you then go to Parttarget.com and put the NSN in the search bar and scroll down you'll get a list of all the PN's that were used.
1727457049150.png

rickf

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As previously posted all the part numbers for the set are listed in the -24 TM.
In the TM you can locate the OP switch and its "find number " 15 in the image below.
Scroll down and locate find number 15 in the parts list.
There is a typo in the TM. It should say 15, not 5 in the second column. The NSN is listed 5930-01-039-3140
View attachment 932426
View attachment 932423

If you then go to Parttarget.com and put the NSN in the search bar and scroll down you'll get a list of all the PN's that were used.
View attachment 932427
Now that is good info there! I have always used WB Parts or NSN lookup and they were not as user friendly or listed as many suppliers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks