• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-003A

rlegare44

I have an MEP-003A Diesel Gen. Master switch will turn engine over, but will not make prime, or Prime run noise, so I assume the fuel pump is not working. Have checked everything except replacing anything. Worked when first attempted but then quit. Solution anyone?

Scoobyshep

Find the 2 main fuel pumps (one is to fill the tank). There is a quick disconnect, unplug it and see if you have 24 volts to chassis with the switch in run. If you have power pump needs help. No power we gotta dig deeper.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Ray70

If it hasn't been run in a while and you have 24V at the pumps as Scoobyshep mentioned, the internals of the pumps are surely gummed up and stuck.
They are 99% of the time pretty easy to disassemble clean and be good to go again.
If by chance you still have issues I usually have rebuilt pumps available.

Guyfang

Staff member
After checking for 24 volts at the female E-Pump plug, if you have 24 VDC take a wire and jump from the positive battery terminal to the male E-Pump plug. If it wont run, the problem might be the RFI capacitor. Cut it out of the cable and splice the cut off cable back on the wire that goes to the E-Pump. Retest. Run? Then it was the RFI Cap. Not run pump is bad.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks