• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 803A FREQUENCY ADJUST CONTROL

mattg6389

DOES ANYONE HAVE AN OPIION ON THE PROPER FEQUENCY CONTROL SETTING FOR AN 803A 60HZ. I HAD A GENERATOR MECHANIC IFROM ME I SHOUD SET THE FREQUENCY TO 60 PLUS ONE UNIT OF MEASURE STRONG. ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS IS GREATLY PPRECIATED.

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First things first do not type in all caps its in the forum rules. Second your going to have to adjust engine speed to to maintain 60hz. Normally on small gas engines where there is no throttle adjustment 61.5 is a good setting , but with an MEP if your pulling a large load adjust accordingly

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Set the machine to 61-61.5 and put your desired load on the machine. Adjust it thereafter to as close to 60 as you want. If you saw how much the hertz can actually fluctuate from grid tied power based on your location, you wouldn't be to worried at all.

moarheavyduty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I normally see varying voltage on the service mains when measuring in the house and it's usually a bit lower than 120v (112-118v) in my area, especially in cold weather. I set the generator around 122-124v which gives me around 120v after the voltage drop which is usually a bit higher than the service. Since the amperage drops as the voltage rises I figured it's better to run the generator a little bit higher. One thing that's always constant however is the service frequency at 60hz - never seen it change. Most of my consumer power supplies list frequency tolerance between 50-60hz which is probably due to compatibility with European service. I usually set the throttle / frequency control a little bit over 60hz with some minor load and has never been a problem since all the modern equipment handles a little lower frequency and would rather error on the low side. If really pushing things I'll bump the throttle up a bit to keep it as close to 60 as I can but it's a losing battle with any varying load. It's a nice advantage of the electronic governor machines that keep the frequency constant @ 60hz regardless of load. Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks