• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 805a Fuel Shut off Problems

jmenende

Hey guys ive got a problem. This unit with only 100 hours started and ran (with battle short on) with a reverse power problem and would not generate power. Replaced reverse power relay, the power potential transformer and the avr to solve that issue. Before, it would start fine but now i have to apply 24v to the fuel shut off for it to start. If not it just cranks. Any ideas? Im recharging the batteries to full capacity juat in case but it did show 25vdc. Also, i played with the frequency on the governor to see if it would work but no dice.

Last edited:

jmenende

Are you getting 24 volts from the gov?
Its actually the fuel shut off and not the governor actuator thats giving me problems. Its droping voltage on its way from the battery through the panel and to the shut off. If i connect it directly to the battery, it works fine. I recharging the batteries to full capacity to make sure its not overtly sensitive to a small drop in voltage. Im also checking S1 to make sure the connectors are not corroded. Will report back.

Guyfang

Staff member
1628673838413.png
Measure at S1-8 on startup, (hold S1 up and keep it there) for 24VDC. Let the S1 go. Still got 24 VDC? Then Do the same thing, on J3-S. Got 24VDC? No? Then you need to see if the K12 contacts are working. If yes, then let go S1. Still got 24 VDC, or not?

jmenende

View attachment 842103
Measure at S1-8 on startup, (hold S1 up and keep it there) for 24VDC. Let the S1 go. Still got 24 VDC? Then Do the same thing, on J3-S. Got 24VDC? No? Then you need to see if the K12 contacts are working. If yes, then let go S1. Still got 24 VDC, or not?
Will check this. I pushed the easy button yesterday and jumped s1-8 to the shutoff just to get it working since i could not find the fault. At ome point only 12v was coming through.