• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mil Truck To Civi Trailer Connection

ssdvc

I looked, but didn't find (doesn't mean it wasn't there) for info on this. I want to put a flat four plug connection on my M1009 so I can tow my little boat trailer.

Besides the flat four connector, is there anything else I need to do? Are the lighting circuits for the trailer plug 12 or 24V? Will I need to convert my civi trailer lights to 24v?

I already converted the pintel hook to one that had a two inch ball built in.

Thanks !

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did a basic search for "CUCV TRAILER PLUG" and came up with 2 pages of threads.

You can install a pre-1984 prewired unit from Hopkins, Reese, etc. Or you use this type plug from ODIron.com

OD Iron LLC Military Vehicle Parts and Accessories

Or just tap into the Green. yellow and brond wires that are common on almost every civilian vehicle on the planet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks