• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mistery brackets, what are they for?

Ridgerunner

On my Deuce,

1) There's a bracket that's under the fold-down seat, bolted to the transmission tunnel. The top of it hinges up and open, and when closed, has a hole for a small lock.

2) Another bracket, is bolted to the inside of the firewall, under tha dash, on the passanger side.

3) On the drivers side fender, just above the jerry can, of my parts Deuce. It has a mount of some sort bolted to it.

I've never seen any of these, on another Deuce before, and have no idea what their for, as nothings currently mounted in them. Does anyone here know their used for?

Attachments

L999here

...yep...agree..

First pic is not a standard bracket...home-made depot-installed...? Could also be a foot scrape...LOL....? Agree that last two pics are for a fire extinguisher (#2) inside the veh and (#3) a decon bottle or fire ex. on the fender. Not unusual....just not there on every truck.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
power cable mount for comunications/radio.

Ridgerunner

Bringing an old post back to life. :deadhorse: Another mistery MV piece.

I was under the truck today, and I noticed under the cab on the inside of passanger side frame rail, there is a bracket with nothing bolted or attached to it. I take it, the bracket is for something obsolete.

Attachments

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats the original muffler hanger/bracket. Your truck had a non turboed engine, at one time.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your gauge panel is the standard size for a multi fuel, I would say your truck was a N/A when built and upgraded to the turbo(clean air kit). Look at the hole in your fender for the stack, is it torched out? I'm 99% sure your truck was built as a multi fuel with out turbo, then one was added. The dash and fender hole can confirm this.

Ridgerunner

If your gauge panel is the standard size for a multi fuel, I would say your truck was a N/A when built and upgraded to the turbo(clean air kit). Look at the hole in your fender for the stack, is it torched out? I'm 99% sure your truck was built as a multi fuel with out turbo, then one was added. The dash and fender hole can confirm this.
Yes, standard gauge panel.

Also the fender was torched out (slag and all) for the stack. When I changed out my J-pipe last year. I thought at the time, what a skilled metal craftsman, must mave put that hole in the fender.