• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MPG???

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Around 10 mpg. This info could easily be found using the search feature. Are you shopping for one? Welcome to the site!

desertfox

I have made 2 long trips in 2 different deuces. Both around 1200 mi. I was getting 12-13 mph avg. On the road keep the tires aired to 50 psi.
The next long trip at 1600 mi in an M109A3 without air shift transfer. Mileage was terrible. Probably 6-8. Putting an air shift transfer will be the 1st order of business.

MilitaryRestoration

we've been getting 12-13 avg. with a water buffalo of 400 gallons and deuce loaded with younger pine trees... front tires at 55 rears at 50, always newer fuel filters and other fluids. Seems like the newer low-sulfur diesel added a mph...has anyone else noticed this?

Mongoose

RE: Re: RE: MPG???

THat really isn't bad considering my jeep on 36" tires only gets about 14 MPG Running 55 MPH

ironhorsethegeneral

RE: Re: RE: MPG???

The 70 gets about 14 highway it runs on synthetic lubricants and has the front lock out hubs. The 67 has a higher rpm engine and get about 10-12 mpg highway and also has the front lockouts and a winch. All on single tires. One has radials and the other NDC.

jimm1009

O.K. Guys,
Fess up. What size tires are you running to get 12 to 13 miles per gallon?
I know that there are things that we can do to improve the efficiency but sounds like someone needs to post a short list.
It would be really sexy to get that kind of MPG in these trucks. I could afford to drive it to work once a week like that.
Probably good for the truck too to get excercised on a routine basis over sitting for a month at a time.
Inquiring minds need to know...
Jim in Louisiana
jimm1009@yahoo.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks