• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MRE/water heater for Humvee

rchubbard

I have purchased a 24V Water/MRE heater made by Isotherm for a MV. I have the manual but no info on where to install it in the HMMWV. There are 3 bolts on the back of the unit. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
crock pot.jpg crockpota.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jpg

I'm looking for non-MRE recipes folks use in these, preferably recipes that require no refrigeration. I'm thinking in terms of things like dried foods in a ziplock steamer bag, where you just add water and cook in the MRE heater. Is there a place where folks who use these share recipes?

edit: OK. Wrong group to ask. For the record, I did find Sous-vide is an entire field of cooking using sealed plastic bags in controlled-temperature water baths. Google and Wikipedia have lots of content on Sous-vide cooking and recipes.

Here is a web site that will get you started.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks