• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multi "miss"?

cbvet

I mentioned in another thread that a turbo '66 multifuel I'm looking at seems to run a lot smoother than the one in my '70 non-turbo.
I always thought mine ran great, but now I wonder if there is something not quite right.
David Doyle suggested there may be a miss in my engine. How the heck can you tell?
I know how to locate a cylinder miss in a gas engine with spark plugs, but how can you isolate a weak or dead cylinder in a multifuel?
Eric
CBVET

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With it runing, loosen 1 line at a time at the injector and see if the sound of the engine changes. WARNING...There is high pressure fuel in the lines, DO NOT put a bare hand over the fuel stream. You can fold up a couple of cloth shop towells and let the fuel spray into the rag, just so it doesn't make too much of a mess.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wear safety glasses and leather gloves while doing the above test. Also be sure not to unthread the fuel fitting completely off(just enough to make it leak out only).

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
you only have to turn the nut 1/4 to 1/2 turn. another way is to check each individual exaust port with a thermometer as it warms up from cold.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
it seems to me that a worn ip head will cause uneven idle, mine went bad and after i repaired it it idles much better and has much better performance. when i cracked the lines before, i got a spray at some injectors and a dribble at others.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks