• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My avatar cannot be changed, linked to SS Hank?

H

Hank.

On most forums that I frequent the username "Hank" is taken. Therefore, I typically choose "Hank." as my username. It seems to be messing with the database when I try to upload a custom avatar. When I choose a custom avatar and click "Save", the avatar for the user "Hank" comes up. My custom avatar is 100x100 and 7KB in size (much smaller than the max allowed).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just looking to see if I need to change my username to something without the "." ?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can not change your user name. Probably the "." is the problem. Other members that use punctuation marks have issues also.

When I look at your profile, the system does not recognize you, I get a member named Hank, instead.

Also, drop the links in your sigline, they are not allowed. If your not an MV related vendor, we dont allow/want bussiness links.

I can delete your account and you can sign up with a new normal user name. Or, you can contact Mangus580 , explain your issue, and wait(along time) for him to help you.

Last edited:
H

Hank.

Go ahead and delete the account then. I figured that would have to happen.

Thanks for the prompt reply!

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got it, it's gone. Please post here when you have a new account so I know your all set.

G-Force

I can't post an avatar either. I found out that its because of another member who has an account with the name g force. He has never posted on here and the fix for my account is to delete his. Can you delete his account also Doghead???
Its kind of frustrating

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes I can, but I think Clinto was working on your issue. I'll check with him, before I do.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I deleted the other G force account. Looks like your all set for now.

Derrickl112

all that fuss just so you could have an avatar of a stick figure beating his head into the ground, then growing a head on his a$$?

:pjust messin with yah..

G-Force

Yeah.....but don't spread it around.........it was REALLY some bad stuff.......had to do with a goat.......and Jergens Lotion.......but whatever you do don't tell anybody cuz its supposed to be a secret.......Shhhhhhh.....

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think my avatar is messed up also. :cookoo:

DH, Do you think you could fix that guy's hair?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think my avatar is messed up also. :cookoo:

DH, Do you think you could fix that guy's hair?

Last time I saw hair like that, I think it was on a Flock of Seagulls album cover....