• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new toy / tow rig

Hey guys new but not new here. I've bought many 2.5tons and 5 tons over the years but they were all non running parts trucks that I cut the rears out of and used in offroad trucks and monster trucks, This is the first complete m35 I've bought. I drove it once and fell in love. lol It's a 1965 model but has an overhauled tag from 11 of 83.

I'm assuming that the milage and hours are after the rebuild. So you can correct me if I'm wrong.

It had a maintanace body on it but the guy I bought it from kept it though he did say he may sell it to me.

I'm very impressed how well it starts and runs I haven't even tried the manifold heater yet. When I bought it, it hadn't been started for almost a year my buddy bought from gov. liq. to cut it up for the axles but decided it was too nice to destroy so I ended up with it. Almost every thing works, The only things I'm haveing trouble with are the turn signals don't flash, I have rear parking lights but no brake lights the heater motor doesn't work and the front ambers don't work either.

This maybe one of the probs but I don't know what it is.

And there is some type of resistor thingymobob (LOL) under the dash that looks cooked. Any help would be great . And Thanks ahead of time.

Oh and what do I need to do to have the images show and not the link? Thanks
Adam/ Adams Offroad Performance

armytruck63

Very cool (not just from the snow). It looks like it has the air-cooled compressor. You could always mount a fifth-wheel on the truck and make a long wheelbase tractor out of it. I believe that is a circuit breaker where the wire is frayed. The wiring bugaboos shouldn't be too hard to fix, as long as the whole wiring harness is not toast.

Good luck!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
you need to put a bed on so you have weight on the rears or theres a good chance that that trailer will went to push you sideways, right now, most of the weight is on the front end

I found a cargo bed for it so it won't be bare. As for tongue weight it should be ok it'll have 3000 lbs of monster truck tires on the front of the trailer and 10,000 lbs of monster truck over the axles. The lift gate on the side is to lift the tires on the trailer and is hydro powered. Anybody know where the cheapest place is to pick up a brake light switch?

Very cool (not just from the snow). It looks like it has the air-cooled compressor. You could always mount a fifth-wheel on the truck and make a long wheelbase tractor out of it. I believe that is a circuit breaker where the wire is frayed. The wiring bugaboos shouldn't be too hard to fix, as long as the whole wiring harness is not toast.

Good luck!
Is the aircooled compressor a bad thing?

Ah cool I also turned up the air pressure governor to 115 psi so that my trailers Maxi's are a little happier. Is this gonna cause any early compressor failure or will it be fine? The truck in my avatar is what I'll be hauling.:twisted: