• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My NOS mirrors came in!

67_C-30

I bought a pair of new old stock side mirrors for my M1009, and I got them in today. They should be a good test for the Rapco paint I have ordered. It will interesting see well it matches up to the unweathered CARC.

I had a dumb-out moment for a second when I pulled them out of the box. For a split second, I was like "HEY! - he sent me 2 RH mirrors!" then I flipped the top around on one of them and wondered how many people would have emailed the seller B$%^ching!:mrgreen:

Attachments

1984M1009

My M1009's driver side mirror moves on its own is there a way to fix this I thought I needed a complete mirror assembly including the part that attaches to the door

67_C-30

My M1009's driver side mirror moves on its own is there a way to fix this I thought I needed a complete mirror assembly including the part that attaches to the door

If you take the cover loose (it has a T10 torx screw on the bottom) and slide it up, there is 2 tightening bolts (10 mm heads) in there to tighten the mirror. However, sometimes the problem is the piece of rubber (you can see them on the pics above) that keeps it tight. The rubber pieces was torn on both of my old ones. I have used a piece of a tire tube to make new ones on other trucks I've had of this vintage. If your mirrors are in good shape, you should be about to make them tighten up with a little tweaking.

rnd-motorsports

not to dis. lmc but alot or most of the junk (SORRY) parts they sell are china or some other made in you get what you pay for and well you pay for it at lmc and they dont seem to last very long either. will check into the mirror I need one for pass side of my 1028

67_C-30

not to dis. lmc but alot or most of the junk (SORRY) parts they sell are china or some other made in you get what you pay for and well you pay for it at lmc and they dont seem to last very long either. will check into the mirror I need one for pass side of my 1028

The worst part is that there is really no alternative. Very few parts for our trucks are made in America anymore. There is almost no sheetmetal made here. Even Goodmark panels for these trucks are made in China. All of the repop stuff you get from LMC, Year One, ECE, Paddock, etc. are all pretty much the same. Most of them buy their their stuff from the company that owns the Truck Shop in Orange, CA. That's why their prices are better than the rest of the others..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks