• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My version of the M105a2

Palidora5

About 1 month ago I bought a m105a2 to use a general utility trailer ( also to get a plate for a titleless 5x8 normal utility trailer ). After getting the trailer home I went on a crazy online search on how to make them more pickup friendly mainly lower and brakes. So this is what I ended up with with out spending much money as I had most of the parts laying around.

- converting 24v lights to 12v truck wiring
- Adding 3" spacer to sping shackle mounts to allow enough space to go axle over spring.
- latest is adapting a surge brake tongue to be able to put the brakes to use. (Still waiting for reverse lockout solinoid to come in to do brake lines)

what I have ended up with is a very pickup friendly m105 without losing the m105 look ( was my main goal )

before pic
after axle flop
new tongue

Attachments

Last edited:

Palidora5

The axle will hit the Frame before the tires hit the wheel wells. I am making a bump stop for the axle and I never see myself even getting close to capacity weight but once it's done I will be putting it through its paces so I know its limits

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks