• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need heater help, maybe parts

98hd

So I broke down and bought the winterization kit from Saturn.

Very nice stuff, although I expected that for the price.

So I went to go and figure out how to mount the main heater, and it seems this deuce has no inner fender :( My other one does, and the heater is mounted on it.

Does anyone have one? Most of my tools and welder are up north, and I want to get the heater in before the trip, so I'd like to find a bolt in way to mount the heater unit.

Boatcarpenter

Heater install

You can always put it in the cab. Very toasty with out having to blow the warm air all the way from the front corner of the truck. Better defrost . Better access to all the stuff you need to get to on that side of the engine. Does not interfere with leg room in pass. area either
BC.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Heater install

John Tennis has reproduction mounting plate for the heater. look for one of his ads in the classifieds for his number.

Superdave

A very nice kit, how much was it $$$. Just a little off the topic but why do some of the dueces have the driver side fender that are wider going into the engine compartment and some don't??? is it due to the truck made by a different manufacture??

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it is more the date of manufacture than who made them. I have seen 3 different types.

spentshell

I purchased the plates from John, you wont be disapointed nice quality and quick shipping. Good luck hooking up the driver side defroster ducting, my shoulder still hurts from the brake pedal.

FormerNewMVGuy

If you look in the links, you will see Joe youngs installation pics. He has made a setup out of small angle iron to support the heater, It works very well!

deuceman51

I have a brand new heater unit and winter grill cover for sale if anyone is interested. It is just the heater unit with fan, but it is NOS and the grill cover is NOS canvas in great shape.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
derby said:
The original gasser Deuce has a wider fender on the driver side,why I don't know.
A gasser has a wider fender on both sides. I bet the other truck he has with the heater mounted on the fender was originally a gasser. It at least has gasser fenders.