• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need M1010 electrical help

itsunday25

k i am so close i can tast it k i did the 12 volt swop to my m1010 every thing is done but i need to find the 2 wires that i will run to the alt. i guss the wires i need are runing to the blue box on driver fender and the run in to the cab i just need to no what ones to use. hope you guys can help me i have had thes thing 4 a year and never drove it yet. thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

K9Vic

Wow, your post is really hard to read, took me a few times to understand it. No offense, but use spell checker and the shift key. This is not a IM chat window.

Converting a M1010 to 12v is a bad idea, you loose too much as the A/C and heater are 24v. It is better to add a new 24v to 12v converter as another member here did for about $400. I have a M1010 and it was converted to 12v before I bought it and wish it was still 24v.

Barrman

I agree about keeping the 24V. However, it is your truck to do with as you want.

A Delco SI type alternator is very easy to hook up. Battery hot to the stud with the nut on the back. Go to your local auto parts store and buy a new plug for the other two wires. Maybe $5.00 cost. Put a terminal on the big new red wire from the plug and hook that to the stud with the battery hot wire.

Now you just need a power source that comes on and off with the key but is not in the same circuit as the pink wire that goes to the IP. The old exciter wire would work as well. Once you find that, plug it in and fire it up. If the wire you choose is part of the ignition circuit, everything will work great until you go to turn the truck off. Then it won't turn off.

rnd-motorsports

correct battery hot I would go to the upper junction block on pass side to the large post! and the large wire in the double plug on edge of alt then the small wire to switched power not the ingnition side will have to check for this one if you have it on the same circit as ing. then the truck will not turn off . :driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks