• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Tire Advice

1waterdog

I have a M1028 that I am setting up as a radio truck. I will have my Ham gear in it. I want to be able to get around in the worst Norther Arizona weather if possible an emergency. I also will have 2 m101a2 trailers soon coming from Ft Collins. My question is weather to stay with the stock tire size in a Goodyear MT or go to a 255/85/16 or Rearch the front spring and add a leaf and cut the fenders adding 37 12.50 tires. It will cost me $250 to add about 3 inchs to the front end. I don't want a real high truck. I do want to be able to help others in bad weather if needed. I am not looking for the best offroad truck just one that will go on any snow cover dirt road. If I go to the 37 inch tires can I run them on the M101a2 trailers? If not how will the trailer tow with a lifted truck. Or should I stay with a stock tire and run snow chains ? I would like to hear your thoughts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks