• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need turbo help

rken302

If you had all the parts needed could you take the turbo off a continental and put it on a nonturbo hercules engine and should I? The hercules is a little gutless on a long hill climb.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you had all the parts needed could you take the turbo off a continental and put it on a nonturbo hercules engine and should I? The hercules is a little gutless on a long hill climb.

Many people have done this, even the government. I have an instruction writeup at work.

You can do a search for "turbo added" or "turbo install". You will find alot of reading material.

Here are a couple

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/39189-turbo-finally-added.html

and
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/46269-installing-turbo-non-turbo.html?highlight=turbo+added

Last edited:

Westech

CPL
sure can. Its a bolt on swap. You might have to adjust idle a bit but that is no problem. Also the timing is different for a turbo and non turbo engine and changing that is not bad, and is covered in the TM's. Now Timing..... Some people change it and others don't. Seams the non turbo has a little advanced timing compared to the turbo. If you don't mess with fuel rates and pump her sky high I would just bolt on the turbo, adjust the Idle if needed and hit the road.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks