• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New 16x8 wheels

JohnDoe1

Hello all. I remember seeing a thread where a guy found new 16x8 black steel wheels for a reasonable price, but for the life of me I can't find it now. My stock wheels have some rust and don't hold pressure well.

A few companies make a 16x8 with a 8-16.5 bolt pattern. I believe this is correct. I've seen backspacing from 2.5"-4+".

I'd like to put 285/75-16 tires on some 8" wide wheels. Does anyone have thoughts on the correct backspacing?

Has anyone seen new wheels that fit for less than $90?

Many thanks.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've just found a set of 3/4 ton Suburban axles - 8 lug so I can basically just swap them in and get both the 8 lug and the 16" wheels/tires that I seek.

Good luck with your swap. Love to see the overall results.

rwoods

I got mine from my local tire dealer: $79.00 before sales tax. I believe he said the offset was 4"; in other words essentially dead center. A wheel dealer will know the proper offset if you give the truck make, model and year - I just told him 1986 K30. I went with the 285/75 16 and am pleased. Ron

Attachments

JohnDoe1

Thanks guys. It's too bad Summit doesn't have their house brand in the right bolt pattern. The others are plenty cheap.

rwoods

While not exactly on the cheap side, I really like these Wheel Vintiques 82-680804 - Wheel Vintiques 82 Series Wheels - Overview - SummitRacing.com
Standard hubcap style just like the CUCV trucks and the width of the M1009 wheel. These would work well for 305/70 or 315/75 tires which are my future plans.
Those wheels are what I was looking for - I guess I didn't look far enough. I talked myself out of the 315/75 tires having decided that I was already 2 inches over my ideal truck height - I hope I won't regret that decision. Please post pictures when you get it together. Thanks, Ron

allenhillview

While not exactly on the cheap side, I really like these Wheel Vintiques 82-680804 - Wheel Vintiques 82 Series Wheels - Overview - SummitRacing.com
Standard hubcap style just like the CUCV trucks and the width of the M1009 wheel. These would work well for 305/70 or 315/75 tires which are my future plans.
Recovery, Have you seen these wheels matched up on smaller tires?

Say 245, 255, 275...etc

I,m having a hard time finding stock wheels straight, I like a good driving truck since I,m all stock, I can't find wheel hop its somewhere and have replaced all parts associated with any threads found, I've never had death wobble but followed those repairs. To the fullest. Thanks.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recovery, Have you seen these wheels matched up on smaller tires?

Say 245, 255, 275...etc

I,m having a hard time finding stock wheels straight, I like a good driving truck since I,m all stock, I can't find wheel hop its somewhere and have replaced all parts associated with any threads found, I've never had death wobble but followed those repairs. To the fullest. Thanks.
No I haven't. I have been using Ford 16" wheels from the U -Pick yard. They cost less than $5 ea here.