• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New CUCV?

idM1028

So I was at the shoppette today when I saw a newer looking truck with a troop cover on the bed like they had on the old CUCV's. Upon closer inspection it turned out to be a newer Chevy Silverado HD crew cab. It was painted OD Green (the paint looked rather grayish) it had a brush guard on the front with BO lights, a pretty substantial front skid plate, and what appeared to be stock size BF Goodrich T/A KO's on black steel wheels. It also had a government license plate, numbers stenciled on the front fenders, and a "USAOTC" decal on the windshield. :drool:
Apparently, USAOTC stands for United States Army Operation Testing Command. It seems their job is to go around the country and test new equipment. I should also note it appeared the truck was being driven by what looked to be a civilain contractor.

idM1028

Pretty similiar on both accounts, but like I said it had the new Silverado body style (GMT 900) versus the older (GMT 800) body style in the pics. After further research I believe it be a MILCOTS (Military Commercial Off the Shelf) truck aka a Milverado which apparently is being used by the U.S. Army under the COMBATT (Commercial based Tactical Truck) program. Wonder how long it'll be before we see these popping up for sale. . .

combatmech

I have seen more LSSV's running around Navy bases than anything else. Seabees and EOD...those types.
Maybe the Army is "testing" them. They are sweet!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks