• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Deuce owner looking for PTO assembly

indianjoe

New Duece owner here, was told about this web site. Alot of great information here. Unfortunately I didn't get a Duece with the pto assmebly already on it and I am in need of one as I am putting a dump body on it. Would anyone by chance have one for sale or could point me where to look? Thanks

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I remember reading that the rear PTO off a 5ton also fits as a rear PTO on a deuce. Can someone confirm that? 5ton PTOs appear to be easy to get; deuce rear PTOs not so much.

pa.rich

I have a five ton dump, but I am not sure if it fits a M35. On the five ton they only come one way, with both front and rear shafts. And man, they aint cheap. Bolt pattern looks the same,but gearing, gee, the five tons are a much heavier duty truck and wouldnt doubt that the gears are different. Sorry I cant be of more help.Most guys are doing the electric dump kits for the dueces now. No ptos, linkages etc. A much simpler solution. :) Mike? Mangus580? Do you know the answer? You used to have a pto dumping deuce, rite?

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The REAR section of a 5-ton transmission PTO is the same as the REAR section of a 2 1/2 ton transmission PTO.

You have two options for installing a PTO driven pump. Well, maybe 3.

If you have the transmission PTO for the winch, double check to see if it has the rear facing PTO, that can be used. (this is what my truck uses) If not, then a rear section can be found on 5-tons or 2 1/2 tons.

If you have the transmission PTO, and no winch, you can drive something off the front on the PTO, just takes more fab work. I've heard of running a winch and dump off the front PTO by putting a sprocket on the driveshaft to a pump.

Can also use a transfer case PTO unit, usually found on tank/fire/crane trucks.

Here's a thread on dumping deuces. Just search dump conversion or bed, it's a popular subject.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3303

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks