• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Event in SW Ohio, Sept. 19-21, 2008

B3.3T

A brand new air show is going to be held at the Middletown airport (20 miles south of Dayton) on Sept 20-21, 2008.
The First Annual "Wings of Freedom" show. Many warbirds are invited to attend with a B-17 and two B-25's signed on.

More importantly, they really want it to be an MV show and displays as well. I offered to be the POC for the MV portion as my workshop is less than one mile away. This will be the first MV show in the SW portion of Ohio since the convention.

Details:
When:
Sept. 20-21, 2008, MV's can arrive as early as the 18th, and leave when ever they need.

Where:
Large airfield, the Middletown Airport, Rt. 4, Middletown Ohio. Along the Great Miami River.

What:
First Annual "Wings of Freedom" airshow with many performers. Strong support for MV show as well. On site primitive camping, near by motels, and lots of eateries very nearby.

Check: www.middletownaviation.com

I can be reached at:
awise1@cinci.rr.com for questions.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was just waiting to see if anyone else around here would speak up..... ;-)

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Can someone confirm if this is the same weekend as Gilbert, PA show? Sure think so. Guess folks will have to split themselves in half to attend both.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe this is okay, though. This will allow a lot of folks from the Ohio River Valley a place to go without trekking all the way to the Poconos in PA. Gilbert is more attended by folks from the Northeast and the Middle Atlantic region....

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bump to get it back on people's screens.

Maybe by then I'll have insurance on kipman's old truck. :)

B3.3T

Yes, we need the bump. New events are really hard to get going. We are receiving interest from reenactors who are coming. List of warbirds attending keep growing. Stay tuned, better yet, plan on attending...

www.middletownaviation.com

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A nice drive down State Route 4 from Dayton and the airport is on the right hand side as you come into Middletown.

B3.3T

Anyone and everyone who will be attending this event, please contact Alan Wise so you can be put on the list for two free tickets and lunch for both days. It it real important they get a headcount for tickets and lunch!

Alan Wise: awise1@cinci.rr.com

jw4x4

I am STILL waiting on sf97's. I got on the live chat, and was told that Ohio doesn't recognize 'government" titles, so it has to go thru Florida and then to me. I am beginning to regret ever doing business with GL.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks