• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from WI

labrat

First post hope Im doing this correctly. I recently purchased a M923A2 and of course the CTIS is not working. Really excited to learn from you guys!

Hoefler

Welcome.
Try the easy stuff first.
The first thing I tried to correct a non functioning CTIS was to make sure the air pressure in tanks builds to over 120 PSIG. You can raise your tank pressure by adjusting the air governor located on the firewall. Read the TM's to see how its done (I unscrewed the adjuster counter clockwise to raise the pressure). You can also try to re-set it by unplugging the large cable that connects to the module on your shift tower.
On another note-I was traveling northbound out of Chicago and around Milwaukee last week. South of town I saw a large military surplus on the west side of the freeway. They had heli's and a yellow Humvee in the front lot-what is this store's name?
Go Vikings.
Pete

labrat

thanks for the info. I actually found a leak at the bottom of the water separator under the instruments panel.If I can get it apart I believe that the auto drain valve may be stuck open. I think that this may be causing the CTIS to fail with five lights?? Pressure shoots right up to 120psi when I start it. Its a 2011 RRAD rebuild.

The place you may be referring to is called Russells military museum. here is a link http://russellmilitarymuseum.com

thanks again. Go Pack :)

Hoefler

Sounds like you are on to a solution. Remember to try a simple reset after you plug the leak-just unplug-wait a few seconds and plug back in.
Thanks for the link new guy.
You will find this site has a lot of good folks on it.
Pete